[Codel] what am i doing wrong? why isn't codel working?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 12:26:22 EDT 2014

Well, if your provided rate is different from line rate on the up or
down, you need to apply a rate shaper to the interface first, not just
fq_codel alone. You have to make your device be the bottleneck in
order to have control of the queue.

openwrt has the qos-scripts and luci-app-qos packages

OR

cerowrt has the sqm-scripts and luci-app-sqm packages (and these
install on top of regular openwrt)

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Setting_up_SQM_for_CeroWrt_310

A simple example of how htb is used in the above

http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Traffic_shaping

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article