[Codel] interval target relation ship question

Kathleen Nichols nichols at pollere.com
Thu Mar 13 12:02:54 EDT 2014

Hi, Sebastian,

My "best guess" is that increasing your interval to cover the DSL
latency and packet
duration is the significant step since the "don't starve the link" drop
inhibit should
dominate the target. That said, I would set the target to be .05 to .1
of that interval,
possibly pushing more to the .1 for consistency.

Something that could use further study is whether to inhibit drops or
cancel the drop
state when a drop would leave the queue empty. That is, it would be good
to do a
comparison with real traffic in a real network.

	Kathie