[Codel] new cake qdisc mailing list

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 22:54:02 EDT 2015

Given that initial tests of the Jonathon Morton's new cake  ("Common
Applications Kept Enhanced) qdisc implementation went so well (115
down/12mbits up of effective shaping on hardware that peaked at 80Mbit
with htb + fq_codel), we are kicking development into higher gear in
the coming months.

To cut down on (my) perpetual cross-posting there is now a new cake
mailing list.

I fed a bunch of outstanding requests and possible requirements into
the threads already started over there. Please feel free to join in
with ideas, suggestions, wish list items, and (especially) patches.

Some details on cake as it stands today are at:

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/codel/wiki/Cake

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb