[Codel] RRUL Test

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Tue Apr 21 12:07:10 EDT 2015

On 04/21/2015 06:30 AM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
> Right, so there's definitely something messing with the outgoing
> traffic. I have no idea what could cause netperf to only be able to send
> traffic in one direction (perhaps Rick knows?). Do you have any sort of
> firewall between you and the internet that might interfere with traffic?

Firewall is the first thing that comes to mind.  Second would be some
sort of PathMTU discovery black-hole.

One way to check for that would be to run a TCP_RR test and see if that
"works."  If it gets a non-zero result, it suggests an issue with large
segments (the netperf default request and response size being one
byte...).  If it gets a zero result, it suggests something else like
perhaps firewall.

rick jones