[Codel] Setpoint in CoDel

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 04:21:13 EST 2015

the best talk on the subject was van´s at ietf, it is well worth
watching multiple times.

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Bloat-videos

He goes deeply into the reasoning behind the sojourn time, and setpoint.

About the only other somewhat in-depth talk on how codel really works
was my attempt at stanford.

and there are of course other talks above that try to describe bits of
the elephant.

One of these days I hope someone puts together the definitive talk on
codel complete with even more elegant demos than stephen hemminger
came up with..., but it does seem to be really hard for people to get
at a deep level... most of my own talks are more about fq than
fq_codel, and that is *tons* easier to explain.

If you watch them all a bunch of times, and run a few experiments of
your own, enlightenment will come. For me, it was seeing kathie give
the first public explanation of codel - about midway through I started
vibrating in my seat - but I had just completed a slash and burn tour
through all the aqm literature going back 30 years, and trying
everything that seemed to make sense. I don´t know how to impart that
in an email...

thttp://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Upcoming_Talks