[Codel] why RED is not considered as a solution to bufferbloat.

sahil grover sahilgrover013 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 12:29:41 EST 2015

Thanks a lot Jonathan,Eddy and Richard.
With the help of you people i have cleared many concepts.
But still one point is not clear.
Richard Sir you said that Codel is better in notifying congestion to TCP
senders.
But Sir how,i know codel does it at dequeue stage while RED does at enqueue
stage.
The thing is  congestion signal has to traverse the buffer.
Then how does it make difference that whether it is at enqueue or dequeue.i
mean how it is quicker with codel?