[Codel] mesos project adds fq_codel also

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 18:34:05 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Cong Wang <cwang at twopensource.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 2:23 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=commit;h=8b184da431ddf4518691a17eeb75a3ffa04e8603
>>
>> I don't understand how they intend to use it, but....
>
> That is the first commit in a series, the reason is in the last patch:
>
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/31505/

Oh, excellent. I would advocate X queues per container (fq_codel
supports 64k), as 1024 worked well up to 1GigE, but we have never got
good data on 10GigE and above and that might require a bit of testing.
In what sorts of environments is mesos deployed in?

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb