[Codel] [Cerowrt-devel] hires timer dependency?

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:22:48 EDT 2015

Yes, I recognise that behaviour from when I didn't have the timer
resolution workaround in cake. The PowerBook was fine (modern hardware,
good timers) but the Pentium-MMX only has the basic PC-AT timer hardware,
operating at 1kHz.

Because ack packets end up spaced the same way, it affects download as well
at a multiple of the upload effect bandwidth, even if download is not
shaped. The multiple depends on how the receiving host spaces acks.

- Jonathan Morton