[Codel] Codel configuration

Rodrigo Alvarez Dominguez rodroleon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 11:17:44 EST 2019

Hi Jonathan
Thanks for your quick answer. REally appreciate it!!!
I wil try later the cake statement (is it the same as codel)?. I am
starting with Codel. So I need to have a better understanding of codel.
I have the following scenario
[image: image.png]
Where client asks for a FTP file to server. Link between router-server has
a 150MBit speed with a delay of 250 ms.
Then link between client and router has 10 Mbit and the Codel algorithm. So
I am checking the differences between having codel or not.
*Do you have an advice to have a good scenario for testing Codel properly?
Or a document to know how the differences parameter can affect to the
communication?*
In my scenario it seems it is better not having Codel.  See attached
ClientFTPCodelNO-NO-NO (nocodel) versus ClientFtpCodel1000..
where a Codel Algorithm of 1000 packets, 13 ms target and 100 interval is
configured
Regards.