[Ecn-sane] BBRv2 presentation in ICCRG video

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 05:58:36 EDT 2019

So, it turns out the BBRv2 team was planning on using a
l4s-style/dctcp-ish ecn response. The video is up here:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ-0Ti8ZlfE

alternatively, here:

http://mail.taht.net/~iccrg/IETF104-ICCRG-20190328-1610.webm

The Q&A session afterward (about 28 minutes in) showed that the BBRv2 team were
not even testing against fully deployed fq_codel's RFC3168 ecn
response and there were all
sorts of other fun questions following. So I think this answers Vint
"Seersucker"' Cerf's ecn-sane's team's
question "is ECN even needed for BBR?"

I'm SO glad we got our SCE alternative ready for publication in time
to reset the clock by a lot. The preso in tsvwg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQmWyr0JDJM&t=1h3m50s

Also...

Over the last week, jonathan, pete, and rodney (and jason?) also got a
modified reno-style transport to
respond properly to SCE:
https://github.com/dtaht/bufferbloat-rfcs/tree/master/sce/results/prototype1
was the first one, the current one is even more excellent.

Fun times in the congestion control universe!

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740