[Ecn-sane] where the l4s ect1 takeover is documented

David P. Reed dpreed at deepplum.com
Wed Apr 3 16:18:04 EDT 2019

A question from a bystander/ Why is the L4S proposal such a major fork that it needs wo be thought of as if it were an alternative to current IPv4 and IPv6 packets?

Shouldn't all traffic be in this new class called scalable low loss low latency traffic?

In a sense, the proposal seems to be like running two Internets (A and B) on the same cables.

That seems control-theoretically unstable since neither one knows about the other, yet they share resources and influence the dynamics of each other.

One would need to prove that they are compatible and cause performance to converge when used at the same time.

If that's been answered, great.

Remember, the IP datagram and routing layer is the single neck of the hourglass that regulates everything.