[Ecn-sane] [bbr-dev] duplicating the BBRv2 tests at iccrg in flent?

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 12:20:00 EDT 2019

> On 5 Apr, 2019, at 6:10 pm, 'Neal Cardwell' via BBR Development <bbr-dev at googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Right. I didn't mean setting the codel target to 242us. Where the slide says "Linux codel with ECN ce_threshold at 242us sojourn time" I literally mean a Linux machine with a codel qdisc configured as:
>
>   codel ce_threshold 242us

I infer from this that BBR's new ECN support won't work properly with standard CE marking behaviour, only with the sort of signal that DCTCP requires.  Is that accurate?

SCE allows providing that sort of high-fidelity congestion signal without losing interoperability with RFC-3168 compliant flows.

 - Jonathan Morton