[Ecn-sane] [Flent-users] [bbr-dev] duplicating the BBRv2 tests at iccrg in flent?

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 22:09:29 EDT 2019

> I wonder if one is willing to change ECN semantics already, by making CELighter weight than a packetdrop, why not also using an explicit signal for emergency brake?

This is the principle I proposed with SCE.  There, CE remains a broadly drop-equivalent signal (the "emergency brake"), while ECT(1) becomes SCE, a softer and higher-precision signal which is produced in the way DCTCP expects.

As of a couple of hours ago, I have three machines in my bedroom which are running SCE-aware Linux kernels, including a "rehabilitated" version of DCTCP which responds appropriately to drops, CE and SCE and is therefore compatible with use on the general Internet.

Now I just need to blow the cobwebs off the test harnesses which were used to refine Cake, to ensure that the assertion I just made above is actually true.

 - Jonathan Morton