[Ecn-sane] sally floyd's ecn stuff

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 21:17:46 EDT 2019

vcp shows slow convergence times:
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2005/paper-XiaSub.pdf

chock full of good stuff:

http://www.icir.org/floyd/ecn.html#alternate

and: http://www.icir.org/floyd/email/sf.97dec01.txt

"Somehow, it is still the case that roughly 95\% of the
traffic seems to be using some form of vaguely-conformant TCP,
the steady-state packet drop rate is not spiralling up to 10 or 20
percent, and congestion collapse has not yet hit.  I think that we
shouldn't press our luck, and I think that deterrents are indeed
necessary, but I don't think that the addition of ECN makes the job of
providing such deterrents any more difficult, or any more pressing.

I think that the need for such deterrents is already pretty pressing..."

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740