[Ecn-sane] some upcoming conferences and deadlines

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 12:00:50 EDT 2019

It's too bad the cfp deadline has passed for conext. A lot of new cc
ideas have appeared there in the past.

https://conferences2.sigcomm.org/co-next/2019/#!/cfp

However the cfp for linuxplumbers is open til aug 2,
https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/4/abstracts/

If anyone from the SCE team can make it to lisbon?, that is one of the
most useful linux conferences I know of. SCE could use more eyeballs
outside the ietf.

Anyway, what else...

There's a really long list of conferences on lwn somewhere. I'm not
really huge on LF events, and not up to speed on bsd events. I would
rather
like to give a generic bufferbloat on bsd related talk (bql/fq_codel)
at some point.

There's also ripe and nanog which are worth getting into. We did
lanman on cobalt a few weeks back (paper still not up)

Netdevconf https://netdevconf.org/0x14/ takes place in vancouver,
canada next march and is also a useful conference

I have zero travel budget at the moment and the only talk in the can
my entirely separate unicast extensions project (which is stalled
out). And in general
travelling alone is overtiring for me nowadays and I'd like to be
bringing a companion along (either another project member, or my gf)
in order to cope. IETF march wiped me out for months, battlemesh, for
a week.

I'd like it if we could start making a dent on the bufferbloat front
in places like china, india, africa, and south america. I turned down
an invite to speak in russia recently, (budget), and I kind of hope
more folk on behalf of the bufferbloat effort give it a go. (selfishly
I'd rather like to go to asia (never been), and also would like
someone(s) to be talking to more chipmakers in japan, taiwan and
china). Someone should go to a WISPA conference...
E3, or a major gaming conference would be good. Getting in some
regulators faces would be good.

Anyway, are there any other potentially useful - and especially -
outside the US - conference, out of our present box ? I was talking to
a RIR in south america at one point....

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740