[Ecn-sane] [tsvwg] per-flow scheduling

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 15:31:56 EDT 2019

> On 24 Jun, 2019, at 9:57 pm, David P. Reed <dpreed at deepplum.com> wrote:
>
> TCP doesn't have a "natural sawtooth" - that is the response of TCP to a particular "queueing discipline" in a particular kind of a router - it would respond differently (and does!) if the router were to drop packets randomly on a Poisson basis, for example. No sawtooth at all.

I challenge you to show me a Reno or CUBIC based connection's cwnd evolution that *doesn't* resemble a sawtooth, regardless of the congestion signalling employed.  And I will show you that it either has severe underutilisation of the link, or is using SCE signals.  The sawtooth is characteristic of the AIMD congestion control algorithm.

 - Jonathan Morton