[Ecn-sane] [Bloat] [iccrg] Fwd: [tcpPrague] Implementation and experimentation of TCP Prague/L4S hackaton at IETF104

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Sat Mar 16 14:56:52 EDT 2019

The DSCP code points were also supposed to be local to the AS.
They are *supposed* to be recoded at the edges.

What is missing the diffedge protocol... MS actually implemented this in Win2K.
We have no way to signal the ToS we desire with the ISP, and so they are
forced to guess, and they do it wrong.

I actually see this as the critical NetNeutrality issue.  We *DO*
want multiple classes of services, but we want to be in charge of
what traffic goes into each class, not the ISP.