[Ecn-sane] robustness against attack?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Mar 25 03:16:43 EDT 2019

On Sun, 24 Mar 2019, Sebastian Moeller wrote:

> From my layman's perspective this is the the killer argument against the
> dualQ approach and for fair-queueing, IMHO only fq will be able to

Do people on this email list think we're trying to trick you when we're
saying that FQ won't be available anytime soon on a lot of platforms that
need this kind of AQM?

Since there is always demand for implementations, can we get an ASIC/NPU
implementation of FQ_CODEL done by someone who claims it's no problem?

Personally I believe we need both. FQ is obviously superior to anything
else most of the time, but FQ is not making itself into the kind of
devices it needs to get into for the bufferbloat situation to improve, so
now what?

Claiming to have a superior solution that is too expensive to go into
relevant devices, is that proposal still relevant as an alternative to a
different solution that actually is making itself into silicon?

Again, FQ superior, but what what good is it if it's not being used?

We need to have this discussion and come up with a joint understanding of
the world, otherwise we're never going to get anywhere.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se