[Ecn-sane] robustness against attack?

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 04:34:49 EDT 2019

> On 25 Mar, 2019, at 8:16 am, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
>
> Do people on this email list think we're trying to trick you when we're saying that FQ won't be available anytime soon on a lot of platforms that need this kind of AQM?

Well, I don't.  I recognise that most high-capacity links will end up with single-queue AQM, because that's what's already out there in hardware (though it's rarely turned on so far).  I'm still keen to see good FQ used where feasible, and in ways that make local sense.

That's why I've put some effort into making SCE play nicely with single-queue AQMs, since our initial conversation on that point where I was still assuming AIAD response to SCE.  That is, I now have non-AIAD SCE responses which should (theoretically) converge to an RTT-fair state over a single queue.  (One of them is the DCTCP response, which L4S folks should be intimately familiar with by now.)  If you'll recall, my initial workaround was simply to

Experimentation will be needed to check whether my theorising actually works in practice, but I'm not exactly ignoring the problem.

 - Jonathan Morton