[Ecn-sane] draft tsvwg slides #1

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 08:47:09 EDT 2019

> On Mar 25, 2019, at 8:34 AM, Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 25 Mar, 2019, at 1:27 pm, Rich Brown <richb.hanover at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe say that *loss* only provides binary signal per RTT
>
> That's also true of CE, because of the feedback mechanism which involves making ECE sticky for an RTT.  I'm sure that was part of making sure CE was equivalent to loss.
>
> - Jonathan Morton

OK. I haven't been following this discussion carefully, so am happy to be corrected.

I would still swap slides 3 & 4 (introduce the new idea before telling people that you're taking over ECT(1))

The plot is (much) better now but could benefit from a narrative. Perhaps the chart could be smaller (since it's much more readable) with a legend on the right to describe what the colors show. (I know you'll say it in the presentation, but a reader won't know what this is about.)

Thanks again!

Rich

PS - And how many minutes do you have left before presenting? :-) Good luck, and have fun!