[Ecn-sane] can we setup a "how to get this into existing networks" get-together in Prague coming week?

Holland, Jake jholland at akamai.com
Tue Mar 26 07:06:38 EDT 2019

Hi Mikael,

Any operator nibbles on making this meeting happen?

I'm not sure how useful I can be, but if there's any network
operators reading, I would love to hear the questions and
concerns from your side, and I'm happy to explain anything
I can help explain.

(Of course if it's just going to be vendors and/or implementors
getting together to agree ECN is a good idea, we might as well
bring plenty of beer...)

-Jake

On 2019-03-23, 20:12, "Mikael Abrahamsson" <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:

    On Sat, 23 Mar 2019, Jonathan Morton wrote:

    > Heated agreement from over here, despite my preference for flow
    > isolation.  Plain old AQM can be orders of magnitude better than a dumb
    > FIFO.

    In my testing, FIFO with RED was already huge improvement over just plain
    FIFO.

    Configuring 1GE shaping with FIFO yielded 100ms buffering just by naive
    configuration, adding one line of random-detect config brought this down
    to 10-15ms without any loss of actual throughput.