[Ecn-sane] Using the ECN bits as signalling for explicit congestion control

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Tue May 14 15:37:19 EDT 2019

This popped up in my Google scholar: "ABC: A Simple Explicit Congestion
Control Protocol for Wireless Networks" - https://arxiv.org/pdf/1905.03429

Basically, they propose an explicit congestion control mechanism that
uses signalling from the bottleneck router to slow down or speed up, and
they re-purpose ECT(0) and ECT(1) as the signalling mechanism. I do
believe the end result is rather similar to SCE, isn't it?

The appendix contains what appears to be an extensive stability
analysis.

-Toke