[Ecn-sane] in search of more ecn related data

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 15:19:51 EDT 2019

I have gradually been accumulating data as to how ecn is currently
being used. I'm looking for bigger datasets from outside the US?
I have two truly enormous US datasets (backbone packet caps) so far,
that I think are going to need some custom tooling to tear apart. I
haven't
got much further than tcp splitting and then tcpdumping with a filter
a few of them, better tools might be needed.

Open Questions

* How often is it negotiated?
** How often does it fail to be negotiated?
* How often - do we see a CE or ECE on those connections?
* How often do we see mixed drop and CE/ECE

Filters include culling extremely short transactions (or establishing
say, short, medium, and long "buckets"), maybe tearing apart via tsde
to look at rtts, not sure what else. Mostly just trying to get data
from various large chokepoints (and looking for co-authors, mayhap) at
the moment.

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740