[Ecn-sane] [Bloat] dropbox, bbr and ecn packet capture

Alexey Ivanov savetherbtz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 19:33:15 EDT 2020

Yep these are BBRv1 nodes with an older kernel (without even wifi patches[1]) so their TCP performance is quite suboptimal.

Once we update Edge to 5.4 we'll start the global BBRv2 rollout to all PoPs.  In the mean time, when you hit www.dropbox.com you should expect (with a very high probability) that you are hitting a BBRv1 endpoint.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20190123200454.260121-3-priyarjha@google.com/#t

--
t: @SaveTheRbtz