[Ecn-sane] pacing, applied differently than bbr

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 02:11:54 EST 2020

I don't know how I stumbled across this, but it seemed interesting at
this late hour. I wonder if they kept at it or tried ecn also.

"A Model Predictive Control Approach to Flow Pacing for TCP"

"we propose a different approach to latency based congestion control.
In particular, our controller sets the maximum pacing rate by solving
a model-based receding horizon control problem at each time step. Each
new roundtrip time (RTT) measurement is first incorporated into a
linear time-varying (LTV) predictive model. Subsequently, we solve a
one-step look-ahead optimization problem which finds the pacing rate
which optimally trades off RTT, RTT variance, and throughput according
to the most recent model. Our method is computationally inexpensive
making it readily implementable on current systems."

https://people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dfk/pdfs/network_control_camera_ready.pdf

--
Make Music, Not War

Dave Täht