[Ecn-sane] bbrv1 and ecn

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 09:44:43 EST 2020

One of the things I'd forgotten about BBR is that if ecn is enabled on
the server, it still negotiates it e2e... and then ignores it in favor
of it's own model. (unless I did the test wrong, but the traces look
distinctly like BBR. This is the first time I've poked into BBR since
the arrival of EDF scheduling also)... fq_codel will mark like mad
(thank ghu for fq), the tcp receiver will send ecn-echo, and we do
pretty rapidly get a CWR out of BBR over fq_codel for wifi,
regardless, so it almost looks like it's actually responding to CE at
these low bandwidths.

--
Make Music, Not War

Dave Täht