[Ecn-sane] osx not doing ecn for me

Holland, Jake jholland at akamai.com
Thu Jan 9 16:41:01 EST 2020

Are you sure it's not just temporarily held down?

IIRC Padma said they shut it off for something like an hour or 3
whenever they notice an "anomaly", according to a bunch of heuristics
that can occasionally hit false positives:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/98/materials/slides-98-maprg-tcp-ecn-experience-with-enabling-ecn-on-the-internet-padma-bhooma-00.pdf

Anyway, my mac still asks for ECN, fwiw.  My sysctls say it like this,
and tweaking them I would imagine would change it around in ways I'd
want to check if I had done anything to them:

net.inet.tcp.ecn_timeout: 60
net.inet.tcp.ecn_setup_percentage: 100
net.inet.tcp.ecn_initiate_out: 2
net.inet.tcp.ecn_negotiate_in: 2