[Ecn-sane] 2019-12-31 docsis strict priority dual queue patent granted

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 00:37:25 EST 2020

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 12:21 AM Luca Muscariello <muscariello at ieee.org> wrote:

> A Bloom filter based classifier for Bottlenecked vs non bottlenecked flows
> was done in here in 2005.
>
> https://team.inria.fr/rap/files/2013/12/KMOR05a.pdf
>
> And associated patent granted since 2011
>
> https://patents.google.com/patent/US7933204B2/en?oq=US7933204B2+United+States++

I guess they've licensed the related patents here.

You missed the "strict priority queue" part... there's nothing in here
that explicitly gives "classic" traffic
a means to not starve.... one part thereof, of many.

"Otherwise, this exemplary embodiment enables system configuration to
discard the low-priority packet tail, and transmit the high-priority
packet instead, without waiting."