[Ecn-sane] osx not doing ecn for me

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 00:23:49 EDT 2020

Going back to looking at this my devices... my mac rarely attempts ecn
over ipv4 or ipv6 nowadays. It seems to fall back to not even trying,
frequently. So for example on one rrul test on a local AP, it will
successfuly try for all the connection, but on a subsequent test won't
try at all or only try two or so. I sat down to look at it harder with
the rrul test against various servers, today....

There is a complex heuristic at work here that I do not understand.
It's really hard to do science when you can't force it to always
negotiate, but I guess it explains
some of the complex data I have from the field where the attempts do
not match the size of the deployment in any sane way.

This is osx high sierra 10.13.6.

--
Make Music, Not War

Dave Täht