[Ecn-sane] Fwd: [bbr-dev] Re: BBRv2 v2alpha branch rebased from 5.4 to 5.10, supports all CCs and E2 GCE VMs

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 01:03:42 EST 2021

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 5:19 PM Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 16 Jan, 2021, at 1:51 am, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > what's the state of SCE nowadays? Has anyone ported it to bbrv2 yet?
>
> We haven't attempted to do anything with BBR yet, instead trusting that any results using conventional AQM and/or L4S will translate reasonably easily.  Instead we're focusing on conventional window-based algorithms, getting the reference qdiscs right, and pointing out enough flaws in L4S so that it stops being an obstacle to IETF progress.

It would be really nice to compared bbrv2 instances. But I've been
saying that since the beginning.

> We *have* got a big vote of confidence in the form of funding from both RIPE and NGI Pointer.  That gives us time and freedom to work on SCE without too many unnecessary distractions.  One of the things we're doing with that is building a decent test harness.

Very happy to see that.

The thing is, so far as I know, the basic brick-wall aspect of the aqm
hasn't changed much, especially when FQ is involved, have the aqm
implemantations changed at all for SCE?

--
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman

dave at taht.net <Dave Täht> CTO, TekLibre, LLC Tel: 1-831-435-0729