[Ecn-sane] paper idea: praising smaller packets

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 16:08:29 EDT 2021

... an exploration of smaller mss sizes in response to persistent congestion

This is in response to two declarative statements in here that I've
long disagreed with,
involving NOT shrinking the mss, and not trying to do pacing...

https://www.bobbriscoe.net/projects/latency/sub-mss-w.pdf

OTherwise, for a change, I largely agree with bob.

"No amount of AQM twiddling can fix this. The solution has to fix TCP."

"nearly all TCP implementations cannot operate at less than two packets per RTT"

--
Fixing Starlink's Latencies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9gLo6Xrwgw

Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC