[Ecn-sane] [Bloat] quick question

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sat Aug 26 11:35:15 EDT 2023

Hi Jonathan, hi Erik,

that was helpful, thanks!

I now played around with tcpdump a bit an apparently:

tcpdump -i pppoe-wan -v -n 'tcp[tcpflags] & (tcp-ece|tcp-cwr) != 0' # TCP ECN flags, ECN in action

will allow me to quickly see whether I get ECE or CWR flags in my traffic, so I will use this for the next steam download to see whether there is any ECN activity. I guess ECN echos will be apparent as these are from my host, so I might simply reduce the logging to CWR.

> On Aug 26, 2023, at 14:51, Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 26 Aug, 2023, at 3:42 pm, Erik Auerswald <auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de> wrote:
>>
>> I find the attached screenshot quite unreadable.
>
> Yeah, I forgot to prevent Apple Mail from auto-shrinking it.

	[SM] I run into this same issue from time to time ;), but even the reduced screen shot and the surrounding informatin was enough to find that "page" in the RFC.

Regards
	Sebastian