[LibreQoS] ookla speedtest results?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 13:57:41 EDT 2022

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 10:46 AM dan <dandenson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some sort of % drop is better than count from an operator's perspective.  I'm actually happy with 'scaling issues' of % on small vs large plan because those small plans are the one's we probably want to push for upgrades if they're seeing a lot of drops.
>
> That said, a 'score' method works really well from a high level.  And that can be proportionally adjusted so a slightly higher % in a small plan gives the same score as a larger plan would with fewer drops.
>

> Also, on the SNMP statement above, we had the same issue with preseem being hyper aggressive to pull stats.  Some mikrotik versions have some snmp flaws and preseem can peg the CPU.  Hasn't happened in a while but that was an issue.

I gave up on mikrotik long before they started working on routeros7,
and just reflashed everything to openwrt.

I have a nice little custom build for it assembled for the ubnt agws,
and the mikrotik hap ac lite. Anyone using those?

I would hope they don't have the snmp problem you describe, and if
they did I could get it fixed in days.

Vastly improved the wifi in particular, see before/after here:
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/aql-and-the-ath10k-is-lovely/59002/

(After about 40Mbits, the bloat starts moving to the wifi)

Most of my work in the past 9 months has been on improving the
mediatek mt76 derived products. I left off here:
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/aql-and-the-ath10k-is-lovely/59002/908

A lot of this stuff is shipping commercially in the openwifi project,
if you haven't been paying attention to that.