[LibreQoS] adapting cake to the environment

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 14:25:53 EDT 2022

in seeing the complaints about other products bashing on snmp too
hard, it occurred to me that some of the
currently end-user focused work here:

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/cake-w-adaptive-bandwidth/135379

Might actually also apply within an ISP to adjust the AP emulation in
libreqos based on these sorts of active measurements which require no
more than ping, or ntp messaging, to work.

I especially like the ability to use ICMP based type 13 messages which
makes it possible to calculate one way delays (OWD). There was some
branch that leveraged ntp also.

--
This song goes out to all the folk that thought Stadia would work:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/dtaht_the-mushroom-song-activity-6981366665607352320-FXtz