[mab-wifi] Possible contribution

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sun Mar 12 15:14:11 EDT 2017

Pasquale Imputato <p.imputato at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
> I and Stefano Avallone are working to improve wifi simulations with traffic-control in ns-3.
> We would like to participate in the experiment of collaboratively writing a research paper on a new wifi rate control algorithm.
> We are willing to contribute to the design of the new algorithm and by carrying out ns-3 simulations to evaluate the new algorithm.
>
> Please let us know your opinion and how we can start contributing to
> this joint effort.

Hi Pasquale

That sounds awesome! We are still at a fairly early stage in terms of
algorithm development (still exploring options), but having an ns3
implementation will definitely be useful once we get something a bit
more concrete :)

I'm not terribly familiar with the capabilities of ns3 in the wifi
space. Could you provide an overview of what parts of 802.11 are
implemented in ns3 and how rate control hooks into that? And maybe how
it compares to Linux, if you are familiar with that?

-Toke