[Make-wifi-fast] [Cerowrt-devel] [tsvwg] Comments on draft-szigeti-tsvwg-ieee-802-11e

Simon Barber simon at superduper.net
Sat Aug 8 10:25:04 EDT 2015

Some level of hardware queueing is necessary to meet the response time.
It's further complicated by the need to include retries at the start of the
next aggregate, but you only learn which ones from the block-ACK received
after the last one. Given the hardware's need to have frame length well
before the data you may have only a few microseconds to make some
decisions. This is why all recent chipsets have a fairly fast CPU on board
dedicated to implementing some of these functions. Of course the quality of
the design and implementation varies hugely from vendor to vendor, and the
API in terms of queueing varies.

Simon

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com