[Make-wifi-fast] ath10k+fq_codel+fqmac3.5 test kernel - woot!

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 16:03:54 EDT 2016

I got fqmac3.5 booted on the pcengines apu2d4 board and did do a few
tests at 2.4ghz at HT20 to start with.

1) Although the captures indicate CE is being asserted, the statistics
do not show that.

root at apu2:/sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0# cat codel_ecn_mark
0

2) an upload test: http://blog.cerowrt.org/flent/fqmac35/latency_controlled.png

I also tested a rrul_be test to the heavily optimized ath9k box I
have, it was pretty nice but still over 60ms. I have to figure out how
to go about a/b-ing stuff, I have a few more ath10k boards on order.

3) also, the packet capture was *perfect* - not a trace of loss.
really... don't need perfect! well,
I guess, for testing.....

4) I put .deb files of the build for ubuntu 16.04 at: http://www.taht.net/~d/

http://blog.cerowrt.org