[Make-wifi-fast] Fwd: Help required to understand ACK transmission and reception in ath9k

Dheryta Jaisinghani dherytaj at iiitd.ac.in
Mon Apr 18 09:38:03 EDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dheryta Jaisinghani <dherytaj at iiitd.ac.in>
Date: Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Subject: Help required to understand ACK transmission and reception in ath9k
To: linux-wireless at vger.kernel.org

Dear Community

I am working on ath9k driver code to understand the transmission and
reception of ack frames, sent in response to data frames.

I am not able to understand the following things:
1. Where are ACK frames generated - in the hardware or in software driver?
2. When and where in code does the driver or mac80211 decide the threshold
of ACK losses has reached and transmission should be stopped?
3. When and where in code does the driver or mac80211 decide the threshold
of frame retries has reached and transmission should be stopped?
4. Do ACK losses trigger roaming in the ath9k?

I would be very thankful if you could let me understand the above questions.

--
Thanks and Regards

Dheryta Jaisinghani
PhD Scholar