[Make-wifi-fast] Testing the LEDE nbd/staging branch

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Tue Aug 30 06:48:49 EDT 2016

Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> writes:

> On 08/29/2016 06:22 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
>> I have tested toke's wndr3800 build below, and with psk2+ccmp crypto
>> enabled, using an osx box
>> to drive the tests, I can get 210Mbit wifi downloads and uploads for
>> nearly any number of flows. Fairness is nearly perfect. w00t!
>
> Unfortunately, I still get the same behavior where it borks my Intel
> AC 8260 card.

Hmm, that's certainly "interesting"...

You say your baseline is a CC access point; there are so many moving
parts in this that it would be good to verify whether the crash is
caused by the softq patches specifically. Could you do an identical
build where you remove
package/kernel/mac80211/patches/337-ath9k-Switch-to-using-mac80211-intermediate-software.patch
(and any subsequent patches that touch the same code; i.e., the airtime
fairness patches), and see if that also causes crashes? :)

-Toke