[Make-wifi-fast] [Bloat] flent testers wanted prior to next release

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Thu Dec 22 05:05:05 EST 2016

Hi Jon,

> On Dec 22, 2016, at 10:44, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
>
> Jon Pike <jonpike54 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I suppose I should mention that I understand Flent is a Python
>> wrapper, (little trouble there on Win systems)  and I'm really asking
>> how do you install Netperf on a Win 10 system...
>
> I think I've seen a cross-compiled version of netperf somewhere (or
> possibly it was for cygwin). I don't think it has ever been possible to
> *run* Flent tests on Windows, but the GUI should work there, so you can
> load up data files and browse through them... Unless I broke something.

	I believe recent win10 builds allow to run linux binaries and there is a way to get ubuntu installed under that system including the packet manager, so google for ubuntu on win10 and see whether you can install and operate the netperf binary on that on. While not testing all thing windows, it still would use the windows network stack I believe…

Best Regards
	Sebastian