[Make-wifi-fast] [Cake] Airtime fairness patch merged upstream, and the Turris Omnia debloated

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 22:17:23 EST 2016

Heh. Of all the hackerboards I tried, the odroid c2 was the fastest
and is generally my default target these days.

The "chip" is coming along nicely but lacks network.

The odroid c1 and rpi2 have been the most reliable.

(I'm still looking for a board with a decent toslink port....)

I just foolishly tried to update my linksys 1200ac, but... it turned
out the cable modem behind it was acting up and I lost touch with it
(lacking a babel pre-installed)... aha! (/me worms his way through
multiple hops through another modem)

It looks like my default command line, post install is basically:

opkg install luci-ssl luci-app-sqm babeld kmod-sched-cake netperf

The 1200ac still has bug

https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=294&order=status&sort=asc&order2=severity&sort2=desc

I triggered it with:

root at apu2:~/t# flent -H 172.26.64.1 -t 'isitfixed'
--te=download_streams=12 tcp_ndown

Warning: Program exited non-zero (1).
Command: /usr/bin/netperf -P 0 -v 0 -D -0.20 -4  -H 172.26.64.1 -t
TCP_MAERTS -l 60 -f m   --   -H 172.26.64.1
Program output:
  netperf: send_omni: connect_data_socket failed: No route to host

Warning: Command produced no valid data.
Data series: TCP download::5
Runner: NetperfDemoRunner
Command: /usr/bin/netperf -P 0 -v 0 -D -0.20 -4  -H 172.26.64.1 -t
TCP_MAERTS -l 60 -f m   --   -H 172.26.64.1
Standard error output:
  netperf: send_omni: connect_data_socket failed: No route to host

The way I was dealing with it was with running cake at 900mbit on the
internal ethernet. I guess it's one way around bugs like this.

http://blog.cerowrt.org