[Make-wifi-fast] [RFC/RFT 5/5] ath9k: Count RX airtime in airtime deficit

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 21:31:06 EDT 2016

> On 7 Jun, 2016, at 03:01, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> I also found one of my notes in my version of this - how can we
> estimate the duration of an A-MPDU, when we only get hardware
> de-encapsulated frames?

If my understanding is correct:

The A-MPDU itself is sent at the “data” rate (selected by Minstrel), so its total size can be used to calculate this portion of its duration in the same way as any other packet.

It is also surrounded by the same framing/preamble material, sent at the fixed “control” rate, as any normal frame.

The sum of these two major components should be the total airtime, no?

Or is the difficulty in identifying which de-encapsulated frames belonged to a particular A-MPDU?

 - Jonathan Morton