[Make-wifi-fast] [bufferbloat-fcc-discuss] arstechnica confirms tp-link router lockdown

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 17:20:52 EST 2016

You can acquire the 802.11ac specs easiest merely by attending an IEEE
802.11 wg meeting once, and joining to get the ongoing work, and many
specs are now increasingly available via:

http://www.ieee802.org/11/

The meeting schedule is here:

http://www.ieee802.org/11/Meetings/Meeting_Plan.html

What is generally coming down the pike (802.11ax, ad, ak, etc) is
often quite fascinating, but I have to admit, I am burnt out on going
to SDO (standards organization) meetings personally, and yet I long to
have a member or members of this group attending IEEE 802.11
regularly. (is anyone here doing so?)

I like to think that my talk there in sept 2014 is proving influential
(a public version, I gave last august, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb-UnHDw02o  ) , but hardware design
cycles are long, meetings sometimes mind-numbingly tedious (like all
meetings, most of the work takes place in the hallways), sometimes
horrifying (lots of people trying to reinvent layer3 at layer 2), and
breakthrough technologies are only slowly adopted, particularly when
there are major patent holders in the room.

I've been meaning to go to next week's meeting, but couldn't raise the
funds or allocate the time to go. I still felt going to china would
have been worth while. If anyone here wants to hop on a plane??

https://www.gofundme.com/savewifi