[Make-wifi-fast] [RFCv2 0/3] mac80211: implement fq codel

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 13:10:39 EDT 2016

thx.

a lot to digest.

A) quick notes on "flent-gui bursts_11e-2016-03-21T09*.gz"

1) the new bursts_11e test *should* have stuck stuff in the VI and VO
queues, and there *should* have been some sort of difference shown on
the plots with it. There wasn't.

For diffserv markings I used BE=CS0, BK=CS1, VI=CS5, and VO=EF.
CS6/CS7 should also land in VO (at least with the soft mac handler
last I looked). Is there a way to check if you are indeed exercising
all four 802.11e hardware queues in this test? in ath9k it is the
"xmit" sysfs var....

2) In all the old cases the BE UDP_RR flow died on the first burst
(why?), and the fullpatch preserved it. (I would have kind of hoped to
have seen the BK flow die, actually, in the fullpatch)

3) I am also confused on 802.11ac - can VO aggregate? ( can't in in 802.11n).