[Make-wifi-fast] Diagram of the ath9k TX path

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon May 9 11:35:41 EDT 2016

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 4:00 AM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
> I finally finished my flow diagram of the ath9k TX path (corresponding
> to the previous one I did for the mac80211 stack). In case anyone else
> is interested, it's available here:
>
> https://blog.tohojo.dk/2016/05/the-ath9k-tx-path.html

Looks quite helpful. I do not understand why there is a "fast path" at
all in this driver, should we always wait a little bit to see if we
can
form an aggregate?

It would be awesome to be able to adapt michal's work on fq_codeling
things as he did here (leveraging rate control information)

http://blog.cerowrt.org/post/fq_codel_on_ath10k/

rather than dql as he did here:

http://blog.cerowrt.org/post/dql_on_wifi_2/

to the ath9k.