[Make-wifi-fast] threads, 6lowpan

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:37:39 EDT 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Luca Muscariello
<luca.muscariello at gmail.com> wrote:
> to be fair I should say that these technologies are gonna be a lot more
> expensive than wifi.

at first. With sufficient volume any technology can succeed.

> There is a good reason to keep wifi simple.

With something like 400 dsps required in 802.11ac wave1?

802.11b. Now that was simple. We'e come a long way from spark gap
transmitters. :)

In other news, I am both glad and nervous to hear that more of 6lowpan
is seeing the light of day. I have not yet found a board to try yet
(anyone have recommendations?), and would like to see what happens
with these transmitters around also.

http://techcrunch.com/2016/05/11/googles-nest-open-sources-openthread-to-snag-more-iot-partners-take-on-amazon/

http://blog.cerowrt.org