[Make-wifi-fast] Diagram of the ath9k TX path

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 15:20:53 EDT 2016

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Bob McMahon <bob.mcmahon at broadcom.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  don't have the data available for multiple flows at the moment.
>>

> The world is full of folk trying to make single tcp flows go at maximum
> speed, with multiple alternatives to cubic.

And most web traffic is multiple-flow, even with HTTP/2 and SPDY, due to
domain/host sharding.  Many bursts of multi-flow traffic.  About the only
thing that's single-flow is streaming-video (which isn't latency
sensitive).  The only local services that I know of that could use
maximal-rate wifi are NAS systems using SMB, AFP, etc.

-Aaron