[Make-wifi-fast] Time to upgrade my home network...

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 08:34:29 EST 2016

> On Nov 13, 2016, at 12:00 PM, make-wifi-fast-request at lists.bufferbloat.net wrote:
>
> I have an Archer C7v2.
>
> Toke's repository has the airtime fairness patch and a patch to enable
> fq_codel on the ath10k for 5Ghz.
>
> http://kau.toke.dk/git/lede/
>
> Both the 2.4Ghz N and 2.4Ghz AC work very well.
>
> I recommend installing cake.  It's under kernel modules and network
> support in the menuconfig.  Since cake now has NAT integration.  You can
> use the dual flow isolation feature to give equal bandwidth to the
> devices on your network.

I have an Archer C7v2 as well, so I'm interested.

The Problem: Thus far, I have only indulged in installing/configuring pre-built binary images and packages. I have the sense that I would need to build the firmware myself to be able to incorporate Toke's patches.

1) Is this true? (that I would have to build the image to get Toke's patch?)

2) Does cake come along with Toke's patch?

3) Does anyone have a pre-built image for the Archer c7v2?

4) And if there's a way to get Toke's build without setting up the full build environment, then give me an outline of the process, and I'll write it up.

Thanks.

Rich