[Make-wifi-fast] hacking and slashing at the ath9k's retries

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 14:42:13 EST 2016

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
> Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I don't see a reason to have ATH_MAX_SW_RETRIES of 30. ?
>
> Not really no, but in practice it doesn't make much of a difference:
> Minstrel will build fairly long retry chains, so before ever getting to
> the point where the max of 30 is tested against, a packet can be retried
> a dozen times or more...

That's next. :) I wanted to fix the !@#@! VI queue first.

Am looking over minstrel blues-also.

But while I'm hacking and slashing here, I can't think of any reason
why we'd ever want a non-aggregate queue depth of > 2. And I think the
complete_poll_interval is too long for short packets, but I'm not sure
what happens in terms of the jiffies conversion is.

-#define ATH_NON_AGGR_MIN_QDEPTH    8
-#define ATH_TX_COMPLETE_POLL_INT   1000
+#define ATH_NON_AGGR_MIN_QDEPTH    3
+#define ATH_TX_COMPLETE_POLL_INT   500

http://blog.cerowrt.org