[Make-wifi-fast] [Cerowrt-devel] eero announces some new stuff

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 13:51:51 EST 2016

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
> A link to somewhere that doesn't require a linkedin account to read might be useful...

Can't find one.

A pair of quotes:

"Today, we’re releasing TrueMesh — it’s the next generation of eero
mesh technology, built from the ground up to work perfectly with eero
hardware. At the core of this update are significant improvements to
our mesh routing algorithms, enabled by the learnings we’ve gathered
through having networks up and running in homes around the world.
Overnight, eero customers will see up to 2x the speed within their
network, far greater intelligence in how their network adapts to their
home, and flexibility to add even more eeros to their system. This is
an entirely free update — every eero system will be upgraded
automatically."

"Our cloud securely ingests anonymized, aggregated performance and
diagnostic data — readings from temperature sensors, WiFi spectral
scans, speed test results, bandwidth usage, and link quality between
eeros — from every active eero around the world. It’s by far the
largest data set from consumer mesh networks ever compiled. "

In other news:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-21/apple-said-to-abandon-development-of-wireless-routers-ivs0ssec

http://blog.cerowrt.org